background & pinterest, facebook script

Saturday, June 30, 2012

A Dandelion a Day


After watching Cooking with Clara on youtube, I was curious about these plants. I also came across a really good information site on the plants.
I thought that if I was going to try it for the first time, I wasn’t going to go picking them in public. I felt a little odd picking weeds with the intention to eat them. It goes a little against the grain... I had some growing between the cracks in my patio. Perfect for this experiment!


 I gathered some up with my two year old helper.
Washed them. Soaked them. Rinsed them. 


There was a little separating involved because I didn't want any icky-looking ones in my salad.


Chopped them up into a salad mixed with Romaine lettuce, cucumbers, feta cheese, sunflower seeds and vinaigrette. 

I didn't tell the hubby and he ate it just fine. 
Took a bite and … yep tastes like salad to me!

Now I know. Don’t let those weeds go to waste! I actually have found myself nurturing my weeds and have added them to numerous salads since I first tried this.
It is a great way to get your salad lettuce to go even further.

Linked to lifeasmom.com/

1 comment:

  1. This looks interesting, I don't know if I could try it yet. Thank you for sharing with us on Saturday Show and Tell. I hope you'll join us again this week!
    -Mackenzie
    http://www.cheeriosandlattes.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!