background & pinterest, facebook script

Monday, September 12, 2016

Table reimagined

I have a table, and it works. It just isn't as sturdy as I would like, especially with two kids and a husband who beats it up, hangs on it, puts all their weight on their elbows, etc. But with life going one, I just couldn't think of a valid argument in favor of purchasing another table.

Enter fate. My aunt recently took all her furniture out of storage. She wasn't interested in keeping the table because it didn't match her "new" kitchen and had a bunch of warped/damaged places on top. "You want it? Take it!" So another project was born.

What is funny is that I really had a HUGE list of projects already, but this item is too large to store in my husband's office so quickly made it to the top of my list. I got started much faster than I probably would have, but when the husband asked every day when (if) the table will ever get done, it is time to head over to Home Depot for the stain and some more sandpaper.
Before
After
I chose a Black Cherry finish and used a gel stain so that it would be a faster process. I am very happy with the finished product! I just have to find a picture of my table!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!