background & pinterest, facebook script

Friday, April 20, 2012

Time for Corn Bread


A new day – a new Mix. 
Have I mentioned how much I LOVE my mixes?!

I went to make some cornbread to go with my slow cooker chili that was simmering. The perfect comfort food for a dreary day!

I thought I could save a little time in the future by having a simple mix put together.  I mixed it all up in a ziplock bag so I wouldn’t make a mess transferring it into a container. And it was really easy to mix it up too. Then I made the corn bread with this mix and it turned out fantastic. I’m thinking that I should try making corn dogs with this. I have never made them, but seeing all the coupons for corn dogs this week in the paper makes me wonder if I can make and freeze them myself....


Corn Bread Mix

4 cup unbleached flour
4 cup yellow cornmeal
cup  nonfat dry milk
1/2
 cup   baking powder
½  cup   wheat germ
1 Tbsp. baking soda
2 tsp. salt

Combine all ingredients in a bowl.  
Store in airtight container.

To make:

¾ cup honey (you can also just add ¾ cup of sugar to the mix but I always prefer a honey taste)
1 egg
1/2 cup water or milk
2 Tbsp. oil
1 1/4 cup cornbread mix
½ cup corn (I used frozen corn because I like real corn in my bread, but this is not necessary)

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Combine ingredients.  Place batter in greased 8" x 8" pan and bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown. If you double the recipe for a larger pyrex pan it will take 20-25 minutes

TaDa!
Believe it or not, 4 adults and 2 little kids ate this entire bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!