background & pinterest, facebook script

Friday, October 14, 2011

The Sauce Project


The other day, an interesting thing happened. My baby had a skin reaction to Ranch Dressing. OK. This might not seem like a problem to most people, the simple solution would be to stop giving it to her. But my children are dippers. They will eat twice as much food if they have a sauce to dip it in. My son alone goes through a bottle… well, in not a lot of time.

Since the baby didn’t have an allergic reaction, only a skin reaction, I came to the conclusion that all the chemicals in the dip had to go. So the project… Making my own dips and sauces. I found some recipes that were highly rated by other people and put them in a file to print so I can try one at a time.

The goal: Cut out preservatives and save money while I’m at it. (I am just taking this a bit farther since I have already started making my own bread and freezer cooking as much as will fit in my freezer.)

Here is what I want to make:
  1. Catsup
  2. Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
  3. BBQ Sauce

These are the essential condiments in my refrigerator. My kids go through the Ranch and Catsup like there is no tomorrow. The BBQ Sauce, that one is my preferred sauce to dip. After I try these out, I will post the results… I’m super excited. I might even add a couple more to the list if it turns out well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!